We would like to introduce this article on how to download Kodi for iPhone without Jailbreak here. In this article, we will be briefing our readers on the steps to download the amazing Kodi iOS App on their iPhone devices. We will also provide links which can help readers to reach the exact pages and files for the same.
Kodi for iPhone is a media center app which plays, streams and also downloads various media files over the web and through the device memory. It is an open source media player for your iPhone device to manage and organize for your entertainment requirements.
The application is popular because of its features and interface. It does not contain any content like videos, music or photos. The user has to upload the content from the storage device or from third party sites. Kodi is supported on all the platforms like Windows and Android. But, for iOS users, it is a little bit complicated to install Kodi on iOS devices.
If you have an iPhone device and wish to download the Kodi iOS App for your device then simply follow this article.
Kodi for iPhone, iPad & iOS without Jailbreak:
We know that the resolutions of the iOs devices are really smooth and dignify the class that Apple Inc. claims. Kodi for iPhone supports 720 and 1080 HD resolutions on its screen. Thus the app’s integration with iPhone is a really big win for both, the app and iPhone device.
We will guide you here through the download procedure for the Kodi App for iPhone devices. We have this method for our readers who have iPhone device which is not jailbroken. For such device here is the method name and its download technique;
Using Cydia: Follow the steps given here below for this method.
- Firstly, for this method, you need to have the Cydia App browser on our Non-Jailbroken iPhone device.
- Use your inbuilt Safari browser to download the Cydia App from this link.
- After downloading Cydia App on your iPhone device, launch it and type “Kodi App” in the search bar of the app.
- In the results, select the following options: “team Kodi > All Packages”
- Authorize the installation process and allow it to complete.
- After completion of the whole process, select “complete” or “finish” on the screen.
- Exit the Cydia app and restart your iPhone device.
- You will find the Kodi for iPhone app icon in the app drawer of your device with the other apps
With these steps carefully executed, the Kodi for iPhone app will successfully be installed on your device without any hassle. The process may seem a little complex but in reality, it is not so. For the time being, this is the only method for downloading Kodi for iPad, iOS and iPhone device, but it will soon be available officially on the iTunes App Store for all iOS device users.
Features of Kodi iOS (no Jailbreak)
Kodi is the new name for the formerly known XBMC player which stands for XBox Media Center. This app is really popular among its users and especially among the iOS device users. In this section of the article, we will be discussing the amazing features of the Kodi for iPhone App.
Here are the points for you to understand the app more better;
- The app allows its users to play a vast range of music and video files on the player. It supports several popular media formats for music and video files. For example, for music files, it can play mp3, Wav, Wma, etc formats and for video files, it supports 3gp, Vob, Avi, mp4, and several more.
- Also, it allows the users to control the access to his/her playlist from the media player. Users can directly launch a music file from the web or from the internal memory of the device.
- Moreover, the video files and music files can be downloaded directly onto the device memory so that the user can view it later even without being connected to the internet.
- The User-Interface of the player is simple and up to the mark. Users can easily navigate through the settings, options, main screen pages and other features of the Kodi iOS App.
- The app contains content of different genres like comedy, romance, action, Sci-fi, drama, horror, thrillers, etc. This way it becomes easy for the user to find the type of movies that he/she wishes to watch through Kodi for iPad App.
- Furthermore, the Kodi for iPhone App comes with several languages support. This makes it possible to spread across the world and worldwide users to enjoy its services.
With these features in front of our readers, we are confident that all will be eager to get the Kodi iOS device. We definitely do not want to keep our readers waiting so we will quickly get down to the steps for the Kodi on iPhone download in the next section of the article.
This is an article on Kodi for iPhone Download with Jailbreak. The Kodi for iPhone is a media player that allows the user to view videos on any smartphone. It allows you to organize and view your photos, videos, and music. Kodi supports all the platform and is the best alternative to Windows Media Center or any other player.
Various plugins are added with Kodi iOS application that allows you to stream videos online from any website. Though, Kodi is not officially available on the App store for iPhone devices. You cannot download the app directly in your iPhone. You can install it in your iPhone after jailbreaking your device. In this article, you will get to know about how to download Kodi for iPhone with jailbreaking.
In this article, you will get to know about how to get Kodi iOS Download with jailbreaking.
Download Kodi for iPhone with Jailbreak:
Kodi can be installed on iPhone by jailbreaking the device. You can also install it without jailbreaking your iPhone. But, in this section, we are going to discuss how to download Kodi for iPad or any iOS devices with jailbreaking. As Kodi is not available on the App store you have to use the alternate method for it.
You can use Cydia for downloading Kodi for iPhone. Cydia is the installer package software that allows users to install those applications that are not available on App Store. Using Cydia to download Kodi on iPhone, you have to jailbreak your device. Jailbreaking on iOS is the same process like rooting on Android device. After jailbreaking, restriction of iOS software will be removed and the original software will be exploited due to root access.
The process to get Kodi iPhone Download is a bit complicated and lengthy. But, you can download the application by referring the below section about how to download Kodi for iPhone. Following are the steps to download Kodi for iPhone: –
- Firstly, you have to download Cydia installer package after jailbreaking your iPhone.
- After launching Cydia, tap on sources.
- You have to edit the sources and add a new source.
- In Cydia URL box, you have to add this text: “http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/” and tap on Add Source
- Now tap on Return to Cydia
- After that, you have to tap on team Kodi source
- You have to then Tap Multimedia. If you don’t have multimedia in your device, then tap edit and enable the multimedia switch
- You will see Kodi-OS after you have done with all the above steps
- Finally, tap on install to get Kodi on iPhone.
After the complete installation, you will see Kodi application icon on your home screen. Now, you can use Kodi application on your iPhone after all the above steps are performed correctly. You can now organize and play media with the help of Kodi application.
Cydia will give further notification about any updated available for the application. This can be seen in the changes section of Cydia application. Cydia manages all the applications that are installed with jailbreak using Cydia. You can modify the data of Kodi application by using iOS file manager.
If you want to uninstall the Kodi application, then you have to open Cydia installer and tap on installed application. Find the Kodi application from the list of installed application and then tap on modify. In “Modify Section”, you can choose ‘remove’ to uninstall the application from your device.
Set Up Kodi on iPhone (Jailbreak method):
After you have completed with the installation of Kodi for iOS, next step is to configure the application and install packages and add-ons for the best experience of using the application. Kodi is one of the most powerful and popular application for video experience in high quality. After installing, you have to configure it properly using skins, themes, and add-ons.
In this section, you will learn how to configure or setup Kodi for iOS. In order to setup Kodi, you have to revert to the original desktop version. Following below are the steps that you can use for configuring Kodi for your iOS:
- Go to setting of Kodi application
- Then go to system> skin> confluence
- Keep the changes you have done and get back to the Main menu
- Go to system> file manager
- Then add source and enter the URL: http://srp.nu
- Name the above source “super” and press “ok”
- Then go to system> settings> Add-ons
- Now, go to ‘Install from zip file’ > ‘super’ > ‘helix’ > ‘all’ > ‘repository.superrepo.org.helix.all-latest.zip’
- Now go to ‘Get add-ons’ > ‘SuperRepo All [helix]’ > ‘Video Add-ons’ – From here you will see hundreds of channels you can add.
That’s it. Now you will see thousands of Kodi add-ons including the most popular ones that you can easily add and install on Kodi for iOS. Some of the popular add-ons are 1Channel, Genesis, IceFilms, and Navi-X. This way, you can add add-ons to Kodi application. All the add-ons that you have added will be available in the main menu under ‘videos’>’addons’.
Kodi iPhone Features (with Jailbreak)
Kodi iOS is a software that allows you to play videos and music for free. You can use Kodi for your computer, phone and even on Tablet. With the help of Kodi, you can view and can also organize your media files even on internet for free. Additionally, Kodi app provides many amazing features than just playing videos. Following are the features of Kodi app: –
- Kodi app is able to play all the audio formats including OGG, WAV, AAC, MP3, FLAC and WMA formats. It also has smart playlist feature to control your music collection.
- For playing video, it supports all the main formats. You can also stream online media having plugin extensions like 3D, ISOs, H.264, WEBM, HEVC.
- You can also watch your favorite TV shows and seasons with different tags and other specific screens.
- Import your picture from your storage device to Kodi for an amazing view using your remote control.
- It also allows you to watch live TV.
- There are different add-ons available to have the whole new experience of Kodi application. Different add-ons are provided for music, photos and videos from different repositories.
- Kodi also allows to completely change the GUI of the application. It can be made possible with the use of different available Skins.
- This app is available for all platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, Linux and many more.
- You can also stream with any other Kodi instances with UPnP compatibility. With one UPnP master device, you can connect with other instances.
- Using Web interfaces, you can take your Kodi experience to the whole new level.
Kodi is available with such amazing features and you can add different addons and interface to make it even better. You can also add third-party plugins to have the whole new experience of Kodi on iPad. It is also one of the best media players because of a wide range of file formats and open source nature.
With this, we would like to conclude this article on Kodi on iPhone Download with Jailbreak here. We hope that the information in this article was up to the mark and you all enjoyed reading it.
Kodi for iPad or iPhone Alternatives:
Since the app is not available for the iOS devices’ download from the iTunes App Store, we will discuss few alternatives to the Kodi for iPhone device. Kodi App is good but it’s not that great. The features it offer can easily be duplicated by any other media player app without breaking any propertiery laws.
So, if you are a crazy fan of TV watching and wish to get the alternative apps to the Kodi App for your device then read through the options that we have in store for you;
- PLEX: The name referring to ‘Multiplex’ but in a singular tone and hence ‘Plex’. It is the app which bridges gap between the mobile devices and the TV screens. The app is simple and intuitive for functional use. It plays audio and video files both through the medium. It helps the users to view or manage their files and media resources inside his/her device. The app is compatible with several OS platforms that makes it more invincible.
- Emby: It is an open source app that works as media player for the iPhone devices. The app allows users to connect from local media files to network streaming options easily. It also offers few Live TV functionality features and several more, of which some are like; Parental control, subtiles control, extensive searching, etc. This app is also a decent alternative to Kodi App download for iphone device.
- Squire: The app is a trending media player which can stream movies and shows from several video hubs like YouTube and others. It can play audio and video files from both, device memory and the network to. It has several add-ons which mak the service more refined for the iOS device users.
So, these were some of the alternatives that we recommend. There are several more like; Stremio, Infuse, ChromeCast, Universal Media Server, OSMC, etc. Try our recommendations or you can also look for more options on the web. We hope you find one soon.
Well, we have o the end of our article on Kodi for iPhone with and without Jailbreak here. We hope that the information in this article was useful to most of our readers.
Official link to app.