Today we are here with a new article titled Kodi Chromecast: How to install Kodi on Chromecast. Kodi and Chromecast make a perfect combination. Because one is an amazing free streaming software and the other is one of the best dongles that you can easily afford.
Together they make a very amazing Kodi Chromecast package. You might have already heard about Kodi because it is a media streaming software which you can download for free and practically stream anything on it. While this app can be installed on pretty much every platform, you can use a media streamer like Chromecast for Kodi to play your TV.
In the below sections, we will explain the steps to use Kodi on Chromecast on Android/PC.
Install Kodi Chromecast with Android:
So, we will only show the process of using Kodi on Chromecast for Android based phones users only here. There are two methods by which you can get the video or movie content on your TV through Chrome cast.
I am going to explain both of them in case one or the other doesn’t work.
How to use Kodi on Chromecast with Android (Long Method)
First, let’s see the long but power friendly way to stream the contents with Chrome cast. Here are the steps to get the work done. This method is very easy if you follow the steps, so don’t be hesitant to try it out just by looking at its length.
- Please download the files. ES file explorer, .xml file PlayerFactoryCore, Kodi, LocalCast
- After downloading and installing these apps and the .xml file, launch the ES file explorer.
- Go to Settings. Then select “Display Settings” and enable “Show hidden files”.
- Then navigate to the folder where you had downloaded the .xml file.
- Copy the .xml file which you had downloaded earlier.
- For the next step, you need to go to “Android” and find a folder named “org.xbmc.kodi”.
- Once you find the folder, open it and go to Files > .kodi > user data. Paste the .xml file in the user data.
- Launch Kodi and select the video you would like to play.
- This will prompt the app to automatically open LocalCast.
- Once it is loaded you will be asked to select the name of your player.
This will finally do it and you will be able to stream content directly to your TV through the dongle. The package will surely seem wonderful after you stream Kodi on Chromecast.
Kodi Chromecast (Short Method)
Here is the shortcut method to stream Kodi for Chromecast. This method is relatively easy than the previous method, probably very easy.
- Install the Google Home app from the Google Play store.
- Open the app on your smartphone and go to Menu.
- Select the option “Cast screen” from the list and it will walk you through on how to connect to Chromecast.
- Launch the app and navigate to the video you would like to play.
- Press play and the video will play across both the devices.
We have explained both the ways in which you can play videos on your TV using the combination. You can use either of the two ways to stream the mobile content to your TV screens and enjoy them. If one of the methods doesn’t work, then you can always use the other one.
Kodi on Chromecast for PC
Now, you can use Chrome cast and Kodi with the help of a PC. It isn’t as troublesome as you think, but the process is far from simple, just like it is with Android. You are gonna need a few things to get started for this process. Download Chrome and of course, the App and install them both on your PC.
- Install the Google Cast extension for your Chrome browser.
- Click on the Google Cast icon from your Chrome browser.
- A pop-up will open and search for the Kodi Chromecast device you are using. Click on your device name and your desktop or a single tab will stream to your TV depending upon which option you select.
In this way, users will be able to use the Kodi App on their PC with Chromecast. The steps mentioned above will be adequate to complete your task.
Benefits of using Kodi on Chromecast
At this point, you all must have got a clear idea about how to use the app with Chrome cast. Using this killer combo, you can enjoy all the amazing movies and media content from your PC/Android phone on your TV. Here are some of the benefits.
You can enjoy whatever media content you want on a much bigger screen than your smartphone and/or PC. Using the Kodi on Chromecast combo, watching movies will be easier than ever. And the experience will be amplified many folds. The app uses a 10-foot user interface for its use with TV so it will give you the best possible experience with a TV.
Looking at these benefits, you are surely bound to use Chrome cast with the app if you have one. Use our article as the right guide and learn to use the app with a Chromecast to get the best of entertainment with your family and friends.
We are now at the conclusion of this post. We hope that this article for Kodi Chromecast Download & Installation has been useful to most of our readers. If you have any queries about the procedures or wish to send in your feedback, then contact us at Kodi. Thank you.